Even though fasting can be part of a good colon detoxification regimen, it can also be helpful to eat the right kinds of foods, drink a lot of water and fruit or vegetable juices, and avoid foods and beverages that are loaded with toxins.
Why Should You Detoxify Your Colon?
Colon detoxification means cleaning out the bowels on a regular basis to flush out toxins. Colon cleansing, or detoxification, is necessary if the fecal wastes combined with toxins, harmful parasites and friendly bacteria are not effectively eliminated from the body. This happens because of a malfunctioning colon.
The dangerous toxins found in your dysfunctional colon can leach to other bodily organs if not cleansed effectively. Toxins in the bowel can cause many diseases, even colon cancer!
Good Diets For Colon Detoxification
Bad eating habits, like overeating or overindulging in junk food, can be a major factor in colon weakness. Changing your diet during the process of colon detoxification can significantly improve your bowel condition and, consequently, improve your overall health.
This is why a dietary change, including incorporating an increase in dietary fiber, is one of the first prescriptions when beginning a natural cleansing process, like a colon cleanse. Although eating certain foods, taking herbal supplements, and drinking a lot of water is good for your overall colon health, it is just as important to avoid unhealthy foods and beverages while you are undergoing colon detoxification.
Colon Detoxification Diet
Follow these guidelines for a colon detoxification diet:
- Eat plenty of fresh fruit and steamed vegetables.
- Eat soup and stews; they’ve got electrolytes, which can improve your energy levels.
- Your basic food menu must contain enough dietary fibers, about 20 to 30 grams daily, and this is also important during the process of colon detoxification.
- Ask your doctor about herbal supplements you can take.
- Probiotics can help replenish the good bacteria that gets flushed from your system with the bad bacteria during a colon cleanse. This makes your immune system better as well.
- Yeast flakes are an easy way to maintain the desired level of Vitamin B and mineral salts in your body.
- Taking Vitamin C each morning has many benefits to the immune system.
- It is also important that you make a habit of drinking plenty of clean, non-carbonated water. You should make this part of your daily regimen, not only during the cleansing process.
Avoiding the Wrong Diet
During the colon detoxification process you should:
- Avoid overeating.
- Stay away from meat and especially red meat; it is high in toxins.
- Reduce sugar or eliminate it entirely. Sugar can contribute to colon cancer significantly.
- Stay away from junk food, processed items, and soft drinks. They contain harmful chemicals and additives.
- Stay away from alcohol as it can cause dehydration. If you have to drink, do so in moderation, especially while undergoing colon detoxification.
Should you do your colon detox by a plan or by a bowel-cleansing product? That is entirely up to you. Nevertheless, try to enact these dietary changes, at least while actively undergoing colon detoxification.