- 3.50 / 5
Colon Flow – At a Glance:
CalComp Nutrition is the popular health product manufacturer that makes the cleaner Colon Flow. The product’s label features the “As Seen on TV” sticker, which may attract some consumers, but make others wary.
On the official website there is a video presentation and discussion with Dr. Beth Ley who has been cited as the developer of the formula according to one website. Not many details about Dr. Ley exist but she has authored twenty-seven health books.
All of the section headings on the website link to that video, so a web user would have to watch the whole thing to glean information about Colon Flow. This fact would cause difficulties for someone without speakers on their computer or a fast connection to the Internet.
Colon Flow is promoted on two different websites. The website without the video presents additional information about how to care for your colon and the increased rates of colon cancer. It is not attempting use scare tactics, but rather presenting statistical evidence about the many problems associated with having an unhealthy colon. Diverticulosis is also discussed, a disease that is mentioned other places but not explained.
Colon Flow – Facts
The label with ingredients is shown on the Colon Flow website, but there is no explanation as to what the ingredients do. The ingredients include vitamin C, magnesium, and healthy bacteria such as Bifidbacterium Longum and Lactobacillus Acidphilus, also found in yogurt. It also includes a bioflavanoid complex and apple pectin.
Colon Flow should be taken twice daily, half an hour before breakfast and dinner. A healthy diet containing lots of fresh fruits and vegetables will also contribute to this process, according to the manufacturers.
Colon Flow – Positive Features
- All of the ingredients in Colon Flow are 100% natural.
- A video presentation is one of the features on the website.
- The FAQ section provides extensive information.
- Links to other independent resources of health information are provided by the company.
- CalComp Nutrion, the manufacturer, has been in the business for over two decades.
- There is a 30-day money back guarantee offered by the company.
- Other online health retailers offer the product at competitive prices.
- For $38.95 for a one-month supply of Colon Flow, it is reasonably priced.
Colon Flow – Negative Features
- There is not a full listing of the ingredients in the product on the website.
- Some temporary side effects that may be experienced include body aches, bloating and flatulence.
- It is uncertain which of the two websites is the “official” Colon Flow website.
- No independent reviews are available online.
Colon Flow – Conclusion
In addition to the fact that there are two conflicting Colon Flow “official” websites, it is also unclear exactly which doctor created the product. On one the credit is given to Dr. Ley, however notes the name of Dr. Richard DeAndrea is mentioned. The Colon Flow by DeAndrea does not have the same ingredients. This creates confusion to savvy consumers who are trying to do their own research into the product.
The makers of ColonFlow say it is a good product for cleansing the colon and helping your body remove waste products, but it is not designed to aid in weight loss.