Advertising Disclosure ?
The content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Balance Oil Hydrator Description
The Balance Oil Hydrator claims to be the perfect moisturizer for oily skin. The product is formulated to hydrate the skin and give it the nourishment that it needs. But while most moisturizers tend to make the skin shiny and oily, this hydrator claims to mattify the skin and reduce its pores. However, this product has been associated with breakouts, according to reviews.
For best results, apply this evenly to the face using circular motions. Use this in the morning and at night.
Check out this Balance Oil Control Hydrator Review if you wish to know more about this product.
Balance Oil Hydrator Pros
- The hydrator is free of parabens and sulfates. However, it contains fragrance and Tocopheryl Acetate which are potential irritants.
- This can enhance the wear of foundation for almost 8 hours.
- The claims of the product are backed up by an independent lab-verified study.
Balance Oil Hydrator Cons
- The proprietary complex of the product contains algae extract which is considered to be comedogenic.
- People with oily and combination skin experienced breakouts after using this product.
- Some users claim that the product is not hydrating enough.
- The product comes with a hefty price tag.
- Previous users did not like the overwhelming scent of the product.
The first product line of Ole Henriksen was released in 1983. Their products were initially available via mail order but later on, it was made available in spas and now in retailer sites. The company’s founder believes that great skincare starts with a positive outlook and that is why he applies a simple, joyful yet effective approach in formulating his products.
The product was released during the early months of 2017. The company claims that there are plenty of Ole Henriksen Oil Control Uses. The most notable of which is that it can deliver hydration to oily skin while reducing its shine. There are a few studies that claim that it can deliver such benefits within 4 weeks. However, some reviews claim that the product is not hydrating enough.
Do check out this user review that we have found online:
“My skin type is combination. This product does give me a matte finishing, but it also drys out my dry area and irritated my skin. I started to have break outs on my chin and red dots on my nose on the third day of using this product. I would not recommend this product to anyone who has combination skin.”
Balance Oil Hydrator Ingredients
The active ingredients in the formulation are as follows:
- Green Fusion Complex™: This blend contains Irish moss, Kelp and Algae extracts, eucalyptus, and green tea that deliver antiseptic properties to the skin. However, algae have been associated with clogged pores.
- Rosehip fruit extract: This reduces oil production. It also reduces shine and minimizes the size of the pores.
- Alpha hydroxy acids (Glycolic and lactic acids): These are gentle exfoliants that can remove dead skin cells and unclog the pores. However, they may increase the skin’s sensitivity to the sun.
- Neem Oil: This is an acne treatment that can reduce skin redness and inflammation.
Balance Oil Hydrator Price & Quantity
The Ole Henriksen Luxury Size Counter Balance™ Oil Control Hydrator used to come in two sizes. However, the bigger size (3.4 oz) is no longer available in the market. It now only comes in a 1.07 oz pump bottle and is sold for a price of USD 55. You can buy it at the official Ole Henriksen site and other retailer sites.
Should You Buy It?
Ole Henriksen offers many products that claim to mattify the skin and reduce the size of the pores. This hydrator is just one of them. While this product claims to be suitable for oily and combination skin, it features ingredients that tend to clog the pores which may result in unwanted acne breakouts. This may be the reason why many users complain about noticing bumps, and rashes on their skin after using this product.
If you have sensitive or acne-prone skin, you should take caution in choosing the products that you use. Avoid ones that contain possible comedogens and potential irritants so you can keep breakouts at bay.
Does It Come With a Guarantee?
If you have experienced the side effects stated in some Ole Henriksen Oil Control Cleanser Reviews and you want to return the product, you can return the item to them within 60 days after the date of purchase. When you do, you will receive the full refund minus the shipping and handling fees.