The content that appears on this page is presented as an overview vs. comparative marketing. The provided information includes product information, overviews, buying guides, and product specifications. All trademarks, registered trademarks and service-marks mentioned on this site are the property of their respective owners. If something is factually inaccurate please contact us and let us know. By contributing your product facts helps to better serve our readers and the accuracy of the content.
The table below does not include all companies or all available products in the market but those that we promote as their affiliates. In full compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume that any and all links on the table are affiliate links, and we may receive compensation if you click one of these and make a purchase. We are independently owned and the opinions expressed here are our own. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Clarins Sos Hydra Mask Description
The manufacturer claims that clarins sos hydra mask is a 10-minute moisture fix for the dry and dull skin as it contains the extremely hydrating Leaf of Life extract. However, its moisturizing effects can be combatted by the presence of alcohol in the formulation.
With prolonged use, the mask can soothe skin irritation, reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines, and give the skin a healthy glow.
Before using the mask, make sure to apply sos hydra exfoliator to your skin first. Afterwards, apply a thin layer of the mask on your face and let it stay for a few minutes. Remove the mask using a cotton pad soaked in Clarins Chamomile Toning Lotion.
To know more about this product, please check out this review.
Clarins Sos Hydra Mask Pros
- The claims of the mask are backed up by a satisfaction test, but this type of test is subjective, so it is not highly reliable.
- The mask claims to boost hydration within just 10 minutes.
- The mask is free of paraben.
Clarins Sos Hydra Mask Cons
- The hydrating mask contains alcohol which can combat its moisturizing effects.
- It also has phenoxyethanol which is known to cause cell death in the long run.
- It also has fragrance which is highly irritating, especially to dry and sensitive skin.
- Many users claim that the mask is not hydrating enough.
- It is also a bit expensive for a face mask.
- The mask has to be removed using a toner that has to be bought separately.
Clarins is a French Family Brand that claims to be number 1 in Europe and France when it comes to delivering high-end skin care products. The Clarins have been in the skincare industry for over 60 years, and during that time, they were able to formulate a long list of makeup and skin care products, ranging from hand and nail treatment, body shaping cream, double serum, lip perfector, face masks and a whole lot more.
Based on a few press releases and blog articles, Sos hydration mask with Leaf of Life extract has just been released last 2017. According to the manufacturer, they have designed it to quench the thirst of dry skin within just 10 minutes. However, some users found the mask to be not hydrating and moisturizing enough for extremely dry skin.
In fact, here is one review of the mask that we have found online:
“I didn’t find it as good as the hydra quench cream mask” –Jothi on the official company website
Clarins Sos Hydra Mask Ingredients
Some of the hydra mask ingredients are as follows:
- Leaf of Life Extract: This can power the natural hydration of the skin.
- Hyaluronic Acid: It can lock in moisture and keep the skin plump and elastic.
- Tocopheryl Acetate: This conditions, softens and protects the skin. But since it is a synthetic form of vitamin E, there is a chance that it may cause skin irritation.
- Kalanchoe Pinnata Leaf Extract: Just like vitamin E, this extract also conditions and softens the skin. However, there are only a few studies available about its benefits.
Does it come with a Guarantee?
The company will accept returns of unused Sos Hydration Intense moisture fresh mask that have been purchased from their site. They will only accept opened items if the products are defective or damaged during shipping. Make sure to return the product within 30 days after date of purchase so it can be eligible for refund.
Should you buy it?
Clarins is widely known for delivering high-quality skin care products. That’s why it baffles us that they have used some of the most common irritating ingredients in developing this face mask.
The mask is said to be hydrating, but its high alcohol content may cancel out the moisturizing benefits of some of its active ingredients. Because of this, it may deliver instant hydration, but it may make the skin drier in the long run. This may also be the reason why many users complain that the product is not hydrating enough.
Another concern is that the mask can only be completely removed using the Chamomile Toner that the manufacturer offers. This has to be bought separately so it will add more to your cost.
If you want to retain the moisture of your skin, it is best that you choose an alcohol-free face mask.
Clarins Sos Hydra Mask Price & Quantity
The Clarins SOS Hydra Refreshing Hydration Mask – Dehydrated Skin comes in a 2.3 oz tube and is sold for a price of USD 34 and is available on the official Clarins Website. It is available in a few third-party retailer sites as well.