Advertising DisclosureThe content that appears on this page are from companies from which this website receives compensation, which may impact how, where and in what order products appear. This table does not include all companies or all available products. may be used in posts without being labeled as such, however every attempt will be made to maintain transparency. All editorial content is written without prejudice or bias, regardless of sponsor or affiliate associations.
Colotrim – At a Glance
Colotrim is an ‘As Seen on TV’ product and as such, the marketing is somewhat ‘over-the-top.’
Upon arriving at the website, you are treated to a video presentation as well as text advising of the environmental dangers surrounding us and that our relatively unhealthy ways of living can result in toxic build-up. This results in weight gain and feeling of lethargy. They claim that an unhealthy colon is the cause for all diseases and regular use of Colotrim can prevent all of them.
The advantages of colon cleansing are identified on the site: more energy, clearer complexion, better concentration, eliminating parasites from the body and — most important for many — weight loss.
The section of Colotrim in the Media on the website is a very misleading feature among others. This is just a list of quotes from various programs with regard to colon health, with no mention of Colotrim (which is pointed out in the fine print).
Questions like how Colotrim aids the user to lose weight and the duration it takes along with the dosage are answered on a fairly decent FAQ section which is accompanied by a few testimonials.
Colotrim – Facts
There are zero indications of how much of each ingredient is contained in the formula or if any filler ingredients are present, but the ingredients in Colotrim are explained in detail.
Every ingredient is natural and includes Goldenseal, a disinfecting botanical that eliminates parasites and bacteria and is commonly thought of as a ‘cure-all’ by herbalists; Buckthorne, a substance that aids in the healthy formation of stool and ‘calms’ the gastro-intestinal tract; Licorice root, which, again, kills bacteria and minimizes stomach inflammation; Ginger root and Fennel, both help in reducing nausea and digestive upsets; Rhubarb and Cascara Sagrada, two natural laxatives and finally Pumpkin seed, a powerful ingredient that delivers Vitamins B, C, D, E and K and which the website claims is the ‘perfect food’.
They advise users to take Colotrim continuously, however some experts feel that Cascara Sagrada is inappropriate for long term use. As with any supplement you are considering, it is best to check with your own physician if you’re not sure.
Colotrim – Positive Features
- A free trial period of Colotrim is available from the company.
- There is a good explanation of the ingredients.
- The FAQs section is full of information.
- They ingredients featured on the website are not synthetic.
- A video presentation about Colotrim is available on their website.
- The product is not harsh and works naturally.
- It’s priced moderately at $58.95 for 30 day supply.
Colotrim – Negative Features
- While it’s good that there is a free trial offer, it is deceptive that the user will be enrolled in the auto-shipping program which could be difficult to cancel.
- People have complained about the companies billing practices and the inability to cancel orders.
- Colotrim’s image is slightly gimmicky and over blown.
- The company makes dubious claims.
- There is no listing of ingredient amounts available.
Colotrim – Conclusion
While Colotrim includes some ingredients that are effective and natural, since the quantities of each ingredient are unknown, it is not possible to know how effective it would be. Colotrim does have quality ingredients but it’s difficult to justify the product without knowing its exact amounts.