If you suffer from constipation, you should immediately start on an herbal colon cleanse to eliminate fecal waste products from your body. Otherwise you will find you have a bowel that is not functioning effectively,filled as it is with toxins, unfriendly bacteria and parasites, along with the impacted feces attached to your colon walls.
Herbal Colon Cleanse And Bowel Problems
The pollution of your body from a number of outside sources, like food, liquids, and the air, is a constant threat to your health. To eliminate these toxins, several different organs – specifically the kidneys, liver, colon, lymphatic system, pancreas, small intestines, gallbladder and spleen – all must function together seamlessly.
This means that detoxifying your body is really important. The detoxification process targets a weakened colon that is ineffective in voiding the toxins, bad bacteria, and parasites that can develop if the fecal material is not expelled. It is extremely important to get the accumulated hardened feces, and consequently the toxic matter, eliminated from your system.
There is a wide variety of colon cleansing products available, but you may find that an herbal colon cleanse is the perfect choice for you.
Key Ingredients In An Herbal Colon Cleanse
Herbal colon cleanses can be prepared with various combinations of herbal extracts. Some short descriptions (relating to how they affect the colon and digestive system) of the main herbs used in herbal
colon cleanse products are offered below:
- Alfalfa. In addition to providing various health benefits, a product known as alfalfa also helps ease digestion and kill bad bacteria.
- Psyllium Husk. This is among the best herbal colon cleanse products available, as it is a naturally occurring dietary fiber that can assist the elimination of feces through its lubricating properties. Psyllium husk is very helpful for a number of other stomach troubles as well.
- Barberry Root. Barberry root helps to get rid of stagnant fecal matter in the colon, and increase bile flow.
- Buckthorn Bark. Buckthorn Bark strengthens the digestive tract walls and helps to soften the stool to eliminate constipation.
- Burdock Root. Not only is this herb an anti-bacterial, it is also thought to be good for digestion.
- Black Walnut Hulls. This herb can effectively eliminate parasites, fungal infections, and tapeworms, as well as aid in digestive tract function.
- Cayenne Fruit or Capsicum. Not only does it clean out the digestive tract, capsicum will also improve the functioning of other herbs by allowing them to be absorbed more easily by the body.
- Triphala. Triphala is an Ayurvedic supplement, made up of three different extracts, and is an excellent herbal colon cleansing product.
- Ginger Root. Ginger root is very helpful to the digestive process, and is beneficial to the entire gastrointestinal tract, even to the point of halting abdominal cramping.
- Cascara Sagrada. Cascara Sagrada is very effective for strengthening the muscle walls of the intestinal tract, and aiding in digestion and elimination.
- Passion Flower. Aids in digestion and eases cramps by calming the muscles.
- Peach Leaves. Peach leaves have natural laxative properties.
- Peppermint Leaf. It aids in stopping indigestion by calming the digestive system muscles.
- Wormwood. Kills parasites and worms.
- Slippery Elm Bark. The intestinal tract muscles become stronger and the swollen tissues become calmer.
Dosage and Formulation
By combining two or more herbs, the result is a better integrated herbal colon cleanse. However, in order to avoid any undesirable effect that may occur, you should not attempt to blend the herbs yourself.
The fact that people have a lot of trust in herbal colon cleanse products has been a subject of criticism. Therefore, check with your physician to become better informed on the subject before you decide to use an herbal colon cleanse.