If your skin needs some extra tender loving care but you do not want to pay the extravagant prices for a ‘spa’ treatment, which may not be the problem you may think it is.
You can easily and affordably transform your home into your own custom salon with a few simple recipes and just a few ingredients, often already found in your kitchen cabinets. So, start raiding your pantry and your fridge – you may be surprised at how easy this is and the wonderful results you gain from such simple homemade skincare recipes.
Finally, there is a use for those leftover coffee grounds from your morning coffee. Many big and expensive brand name products are incorporating caffeine into their products as it opens blood vessels, increases circulation and gives skin a smoother and suppler appearance. You can easily whip up your own coffee mask to rejuvenate and revitalize tired skin. Coffee grounds should be plain black and full-strength for best results.
- 3 Tbsp finely ground used coffee grounds
- ½ c. milk (½ cup would be the most used)
- Place the grounds into a small bowl. Slowly add the milk, a little at a time, mixing continuously until it is a thick paste. Make sure you do not add too much milk as it will make it runny and it will not stay on your face as a mask should.
- Wash your face and neck, and then apply the paste to both. Avoid getting it on the lips or in the eyes. Massage it into the skin with a small, circular pattern.
- Pick up your favorite book or magazine and relax for twenty minutes.
- After the proper time has passed, wash the mask off thoroughly. Wash it off with the same small circles for additional exfoliation.
- After the mask is completely washed off, finish by moisturizing your skin with your favorite product.
“Kosher” Face Scrub
- Plain yogurt
- 3 tsps Coconut oil
- Kosher salt
This mixture can be made easily by placing the coconut oil and mixing just enough salt in to make a paste. Gently rub your face with the rough paste and then rinse your face until clean. Then mix the yogurt and just a bit of milk together and apply to the face. Make sure it is not too runny as it will have to stay in place for five minutes. After the five minutes have passed, rinse clean and follow up with your favorite moisturizer. Detoxifying Body Bath
- ½ cup of baking soda, sea salt or Epsom salt
This one ingredient beauty treatment will help the body cleanse itself of impurities when added to a warm bath. Soak in the bath for a good fifteen minutes, then using a natural loofah and your favorite body wash, scrub your body from your shoulders to your toes. You may notice your bath water turning a darker color as the heavy metals like aluminum and mercury are pulled from your body. After the bath, stand up and shower off to rinse off the impurities. Be sure to bring in a glass or bottle of water to the bath with you, ensuring you stay properly hydrated and help cleanse your body both inside and out.