In order to have healthy nails you should follow a healthy diet. Eating fruits and vegetables helps to give your body that nutrients that it needs in order to help your nails to grow and be strong. Eating right and drinking lots of water are two important nail care tips. Fruit and vegetable juices are also good to drink. Avoid sugary drinks and processed foods. Eating them is like putting trash into your body.
Nail Care Tips:
- If your nails seem dry and brittle, you may need vitamin A.
- If you find yourself getting a lot of hang nails, you should add more protein to your diet.
- Another sign of needing more protein are white lines across your nails.
- Drink more water if your nails have cracks.
- You could need zinc in your diet if your nails have white spots on them.
- If your nails curve, are dry and darkened nails could be a b12 vitamin deficiency.
If you are trying to have healthier nails you should read all the information that you can about nail health. Some things you may want to read about are treatments for nails, pedicures and manicures, how nails grow. You may also wish to do a search for information on different ways of caring for nails depending on the season. Learning about finding foot-friendly footwear can help you to avoid foot and nail problems later and will also make you feel more comfortable throughout your day.