Colon cleansing was first introduced in the U.S. during the 1920s. However, after a peak of its popularity during those times, it gradually fell out of the buzz due to the loss of encouragement from the experts and professionals. But it has bounced back to popularity today in the form of teas, juices, enzymes and supplements.
Though colon cleansing seems to be an ideal way to keep your colon healthy.
There are various problems attached to it which include the following:
- Lack of specific evidence that can support claims of colon cleanse benefits. One of the colon cleansing problems is the fact that there is a very limited study made on the factual goings-on within the colon in terms of forming toxic fecal matter on the lining of intestines overtime. This goes the same with the proofs about colon cleansing health benefits to intestines including its claim on curing various health problems.
- It may not be able to correct your condition but worsen instead. As you may already know, cleansing your colon is done in order to get rid of the bacteria build up inside. However, though this may sound right, you should be aware that bacteria also have a role in the colon functions. Hence, this procedure may leave your body upset due to disturbing bacterial balance in your colon.
- It entails side effects. One of the most obvious colon cleansing problems is that you cannot entirely offset the existence of side effects.
Some of the known side effects of colon cleansing include the following:
- Some users of colon cleansing supplements claim to experience vomiting and nausea as side effects.
- Bloating is also one of the known colon cleansing side effects.
- You may also experience cramping as side effect to cleansing your colon.
- It can also upsurge the chance of dehydration.
- It could also lead to some infections.
- Colon cleansing may cause changes in your body’s electrolytes which can possibly worsen your various health conditions especially those that are associated with your kidneys.
Due to having these colon cleansing problems and side effects.
You should take these necessary precautions if you still want to go ahead with colon cleansing:
- Consult with your attending physician first before taking any colon cleansing supplement or before conducting other colon cleansing procedures.
- Make sure to seek for professional help by medical practitioner to avoid mistakes on the process.
- Be more vigilant and conduct your own research on the safety of ingredients listed on any colon cleanse supplements or products you are planning to use.
- Always keep your body hydrated by taking lots of fluids as colon cleansing will cause you to eradicate a lot of toxins and body waste which can cause dehydration.